The Ontario Universities Computing Conference is seeking session proposals for this year’s conference at the University of Toronto Mississauga on April 29th-May 1st. Please see the address below for full information and the submission link. The deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday, March 2nd.
Ontario Universities Computing Conference 2012 will be held April 29th – May 1st at the University of Toronto Mississauga. OUCC 2012 is an excellent venue to showcase your work and to collaborate with others who share your passion and interests.
This year marks a special partnership between the University of Toronto TechKnowFile (TKF) technology conference and the OUCC which will bring together higher-ed technology professionals to meet, discuss and see presentations on a variety of topics. OUCC provides a platform for IT Professionals from Academia as well as Industry to discuss, share and disseminate innovative and pioneering views on recent trends and developments in communications, IT, management and leadership.
Proposals are invited for original presentations in the categories below and should be submitted online via the web-based submission system between February 3rd and March 2nd, 2012.
OUCC welcomes presentations from participants regarding the following themes:
- Infrastructure – networks, security, data centre, cluster computing, desktops, printing
- Communications – VOIP, digital signage, social media, emergency notification, web
- Mobility – apps, technology, devices
- Business of IT – financing IT, business intelligence, registrarial functions, sustainability, Green IT
- Academic Computing – research, teaching, lecture capture and delivery, online learning, LMS
- Software development – programming practice, code re-use, enterprise applications, development frameworks
- Emerging technologies and issues – disruptive technologies, copyright, accessibility, e-science, digital humanities
Each submission should be accompanied by an abstract of up to 150 words and indicate the applicable theme. Reviewers will evaluate submissions on criteria such as originality, significance, soundness, clarity and relevance. Authors of accepted presentations will be contacted by March 1, 2012.